Holistic health is nothing more than a concept according to which the body, mind and spirit are considered as a whole, or complete, living organism, in which the health or sickness of each individual part affects the whole. As a result, instead of using medicine to target specific areas or functions of the body, holistic medicine aims to improve the health of the entire body/mind system, and ultimately causing it to enhance the specific, sick areas as well.
Some of the benefits of holistic health include:
- Improved habits and lifestyle changes;
- A fortified body that can withstand the onset of disease more easily;
- An improvement of the natural healing abilities of the body;
- The prevention of various diseases and disorders;
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels;
- The lessening of depression symptoms;
- A thirst for happy and healthy living.