Most people get headaches every now and then and for many people, pain in the head is a daily experience. Headaches can be caused by many things – here are the most common triggers:
- Stress – stress causes the muscles to tighten all over the body, including the muscles of the head and the neck. The tightening usually starts in the shoulders, then it moves upward to the neck and from there to the head, causing tension that is experienced as pain;
- Diet – skipping meals can cause blood glucose levels to drop and trigger tension headaches. Processed foods and foods that contain high amounts of salt and sugar can also cause headaches;
- Dehydration – not consuming the right amount of liquids is also a frequent cause of headaches. Ideally, you should consume about 8 glasses of water or herbal tea a day;
- Poor sleep – insomnia or other types of sleep disorders exhaust the body and cause migraines and other types of headaches;
- A problem of the spine – one of the best chiropractor Denver has corroborates that headaches are a common symptom of spine issues, such as degenerative disk disease or a pinched nerve. These problems cause headaches especially if the affected area is in the neck or in the upper back.