When it comes to skincare, the foods and the beverages we consume are just as important as the skincare products that we use, or the medical procedures we embrace. Vampire facelift Denver specialists substantiate that these are some foods that have extraordinary age-defying effects on our skin:
– Leafy greens – all leafy vegetables are great for improving digestion and skin health. The best example is spinach – the dark green leaves are very rich in vitamin A, C, K and E, magnesium and iron and they can efficiently boost the skin’s ability to produce collagen, a compound that is essential for skin elasticity;
– Nuts – the high amounts of vitamin E found in nuts are great for repairing skin tissue, for keeping the skin moisturized and for protecting it against harmful UV radiation;
– Pomegranate seeds – the delicious, tiny, red seeds are delicious and an excellent source of vitamin C, an antioxidant that prevents skin aging;
– Extra virgin olive oil – replacing other oil varieties with olive oil is a great way to reduce your cholesterol levels as well as for reducing the inflammatory processes in the body that can lead to skin aging;
– Green tea – another excellent source of antioxidants that protects the skin from free radicals and reduces the signs of passing time.