Knee pain is a common issue that pretty much affects people of all ages and fitness levels. Fortunately, there are many simple exercises and stretches that can help to soothe knee pain and improve mobility without too much effort, difficulty or time being required. Check out a few good examples provided by knee pain treatment Denver medical specialists:
- Quad Sets: Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Tighten the muscles on the top of your thigh and hold for five seconds, then release. Repeat 10 times, three times per day.
- Hamstring Stretches: Lie on your back with one leg extended and the other bent with your foot flat on the ground. Slowly straighten your extended leg until you feel a stretch in the back of your thigh. Hold for 30 seconds, then switch legs and repeat.
- Wall Slides: Stand with your back against a wall and your feet shoulder-width apart. Slowly slide down the wall into a squatting position, then slide back up. Repeat 10 times, three times per day.
- Calf Raises: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and slowly raise onto your tiptoes. Hold for five seconds, then lower your heels back to the ground. Repeat 10 times, three times per day.
- Step-Ups: Stand in front of a step or low bench. Step up with one foot, then step down. Repeat 10 times with one foot, then switch to the other foot.
- Leg Extensions: Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the ground. Slowly straighten one leg until it is parallel to the ground, hold for five seconds, then lower it back down. Repeat 10 times with one leg, then switch to the other leg.