Hormones are the body’s chemical messengers secreted mainly by the endocrine glands, but also produced by adipose tissue and many other parts of the body. Hormones participate in the controlling of all major processes in the body, therefore any imbalance that involves having too much or too little of one or several of these messengers produces symptoms. Here are some of the most common issues caused by hormonal imbalance:
- Unexplained, usually sudden weight loss or weight gain;
- Lack of energy, nervousness, anxiety, and depression – these issues can be linked not only to difficult life situations but also to fluctuating hormone levels or a hormonal imbalance;
- Aches, pains, swelling or stiffness of the muscles and the joints – these issues can be caused by the body’s natural aging, but they can also be traced back to a hormonal imbalance;
- Increased or decreased appetite or thirst – both can be attributed to hormonal problems;
- Unusual toilet habits – frequent urination, persistent constipation, and diarrhea can also be caused by hormones;
- Changes that affect the hair and the skin – hair thinning, hair loss, brittle, fragile hair, dry skin, and adult acne can also be attributed to hormonal changes.
If you or someone you love is experiencing the discomfort of hormone imbalance, consult with the medical experts at Downtown’s Healthcare to see if hormone imbalance pellet therapy is the right treatment option for you.